Monday, March 4, 2013

The Woes and Wonders of Sexual Relations

I am not exactly sure what kind of a picture I can post. This topic isn't exactly image-friendly...but maybe I'll find a good one to go with some analogy that I come up with that I can stick in the middle somewhere. I guess we'll see.

So you may have guessed from the title the purpose of this post. Let me just clear one thing up that may or may not be questionable: I am single. I am not married, nor will I marry in the next year, probably (one can never say anything for sure). I do not have personal experience in this subject. There, now that we have that out in the open, let's get down to business.

In class we talked about a lot of things, but the most interesting aspect of a sexual relationship in my personal opinion is the psychology of it all. The physical portion is not the only part of a sexual relationship. It also includes the emotional part of us and the spiritual part of us. I have noticed from the different perspectives given in class that the emotional portion of a sexual relationship is often the most prominent. The physical stuff is the easy part--we humans are meant to be good at it; to have sexual relations be emotionally pleasing, however, could be a little trickier. Emotion is directly connected to the brain--although everything in our body is. However, pleasing the emotional parts of the brain is more difficult than the pleasing the part of the brain connected to physical pleasure. Becoming emotionally attached requires time and effort on both parts, which not every person is willing to put forth.

The other part of sex is the spiritual part. God gave us the power to procreate actual human beings, and this is not a responsibility we should take lightly. He gave us the commandment to "multiply and replenish the earth," and then gave us the tools to accomplish this commandment. It is an act of spirituality: creating a body for one of Heavenly Father's precious spirit sons or daughters to reside in. I would say that most people in the world do not understand this concept. A lot of the world believes it simply to be an act of physical pleasure. They do not comprehend the emotional and spiritual aspects of having a sexual relationship with someone.

This is one of the reasons why sex should be reserved for marriage. With marriage often comes knowing the person and love of the person already, which is a good start on the emotional part. All three parts of sexual relations are easier to please within the bonds of matrimony.

Well, there ya go. My thoughts on the different parts of sex, mostly coming from my professor. But that's okay. Here's a picture of a field of grass for your pleasant enjoyment:


kthanksbye

1 comment:

  1. This made me think of something Sister Dalton said last weekend in her YW General Meeting talk. She said that our bodies are a temple because we have the capacity to house another spirit of our Heavenly Father. I think that is a pretty good reason to treat our bodies like we would treat a temple!

    ReplyDelete